At the Movies is the first segment of the third episode of Season 1, and the third Astroblast segment overall.
- Dummi Bears
- Dinosaur Guy
Halley wants to see the Dinosaur Guy movie, but her parents take her and the other babies to the Westside Octoplex to see The Land Without Smiles (starring the Dummi Bears) instead. The babies leave the Dummi Bears to go look for Dinosaur Guy (showing at the same theater), leaving a path of destruction behind them.
- Description from Sprout.
Halley wants to sees a movie about Dinosaur Guy, but instead her parents take her to see The Dummi Bears in: The Land Without Smiles at the Westside Octoplex. They decide it'd be perfect as Halley's first movie, and also invite Caroline, Luke, and Robert to bring their kids so they can all see the movie together.
At the movie theater, Halley tells Jet, Comet and Venus about Dinosaur Guy. This causes them to want to see the movie about Dinosaur Guy instead. As the film starts, they walk out of the Dummi Bears movie (which Grandpa Ben derisively refers to as "The Land Without Brains") and try to find Dinosaur Guy.
While searching they walk into a theater featuring a romantic film. As they watch a couple kissing on the big screen, their silhouettes block some of the screen, as a man shouts at them down and front. An usher comes in as the babies hide around the seats to avoid being caught, inadvertently interrupting a couple having a date in the process. They leave with Venus stating that she didn't like kissing movies, because "Nothing ever happens."
They then wander to the concessions stand. There the babies find popcorn, orange and grape sodas, lids, napkins, cups, candy bars, ketchup, mustard and straws (the two teenage employees in charge, Larry and Mark, don't notice the babies because they're arguing over comic books). Halley checks the popcorn both for Dinosaur Guy, while Comet and Venus take interest in the soda dispensers, pushing the buttons and spilling the soft drinks on the counters and floors until eventually they get stuck continuously pouring soda. Meanwhile, Jet, after sampling some candy, notices some stairs leading up while Comet and Venus start playing with the ketchup and mustard dispensers by the hot dog sections. Comet & Venus play with straws and spill all the straws. After Jet points out the stairs, Halley concludes they'll find Dinosaur Guy upstairs. As soon as the babies leave, the two teenagers notice the massive mess and scream.
They climb up into the projection booths, perceiving the film projectors as "spaghetti merry-go-rounds". They check each movie until they find the right one, and are awed by the movie. Ben goes to the concession stand to get some snacks. As Comet tries to get a look because the others are crowding the window, Comet falls onto one of the film projectors and starts riding it around. Soon the rest of the babies start riding them. Then they grab the film and run around with them, tangling them up together as the films begin to unravel and break.
Seeing the damage they've done, the babies quickly rush back downstairs as the projectionist notices the incredible mess and tries to save the film unsuccessfully. Grandpa Ben finds them after getting some snacks from the concession stand (he comments on the mess the babies caused, telling Larry and Mark how in his time they knew how to keep a work place clean). Grandpa Ben takes them back with him to the Dummi Bears movie, which catches in the projector and melts The Land Without Smiles at the climax, leaving most of the audience groaning. The babies smile at each other at this, while Grandpa Ben eats some popcorn.
As the patrons leave due to not receiving a refund, the pictures going black when they were getting to important scenes, and complain about the taste of the popcorn (due to the mess the babies have made in the concession stand), Matthew is angry at the fact that The Land Without Smiles went out at the climax. But at least they think that Halley can go through a whole movie without any fuss. Because they didn't see the ending, Olivia and Matthew decide to go out to see the movie again next week, but at a different theater. As Grandpa Ben eats a candy bar in the back seat, Halley takes notice of a flashing Dinosaur Guy billboard as they drive by.
- This episode marks the first appearance of the Dummi Bears and Dinosaur Guy.
- Caroline, Luke, and Robert appear in this episode, but don't have any lines.
- In this episode, the characters do not know much about Dinosaur Guy, but in further episodes, they claim that Dinosaur Guy is their favorite fictional character, and seem more familiar with the franchise.
- This episode marks the second time Sputnik does not appear.
- MGR: Minor Guidance Recommended is a parody of the real life rating PG: Parental Guidance Suggested.
- This episode appears on the Return of Dinosaur Guy VHS tape.
- In the later episode, A Step At A Time, Halley is seen with a Dinosaur Guy doll right before taking her first steps. This could suggest she knew about, and loved, Dinosaur Guy before this episode.
- Halley looks for the popcorn booth.
- Comet pushes orange soda and mustard dispensers.
- Venus pushes grape soda and ketchup dispensers.
- This is the first appearance of Larry and Mark (Character).
- Right before the Dummi Bears movie begins, after Grandpa finishes talking his eyes are missing for a few frames, filled in with the blue color of his glasses instead.
- When Dinosaur Guy grabs hold of the large flying monster, its wings look like arms. However, this may have been done intentionally to let the viewer at home see that it is an actor in a poorly made costume.
- At the Dummi Bears movie, when the arrow was shot down for a "sad little boy in Texas", it was in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico.
- At the end of this episode, it shows the Vivian's after the movie in a light green car backed into a parking spot. In the next scene it shows them backing out of the parking spot in a blue car.